Thursday, September 10, 2009

Michael Steele, do you cosign on Joe Wilson's outburst?

“This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the President’s remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill. While I disagree with the President’s statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility.”



~ Rep Joe Wilson (Republican Congressman from South Carolina)




I know you apologized for your outburst Rep. Wilson but I’m not buying it. This is a case of too little too late. This is the part where I usually say Screw You and everyone that voted for you. But I won’t say it tonight, because I’ve been down this road before.


If you’ve read my previous posts: Momma, you are going to have to pray a lot harder, Even Hitler would be offended, We went from being the “N” Word to being Nazis, and How an Illegal Alien and an Uppity Negro told me to circle my wagons. I’ve said that there is a war going on against Black Folks! I didn’t say this to start a race war or to become a “Black Glenn Beck.” There are some white folks that have animosity towards black folks. They hate that we have the same opportunities they do. They hate that we can live next door to them. They hate that we can be promoted to leadership positions on our jobs. They hate that we can vote and hold political positions. They even hate that black men can date their women now.


You know, when I was a little boy there was an old Negro farmer lived
down the road from us, name of Monroe. And he was... Well, I guess he was just a little luckier than my daddy was. He bought himself a mule. That was a big deal around that town. My daddy hated that mule. His friends kidded him that they saw Monroe plough in' with his new mule and Monroe was gonna rent another field now that he had a mule. One morning that mule just showed up dead. They poisoned the water. After that there was never any mention about that mule around my daddy. One time we were drivin' past Monroe's place and we saw it was empty. He'd just packed up and left, I guess. Gone up North or somethin'. I looked over at my daddy's face and I knew he'd done it. And he saw that I knew. He was ashamed. I guess he was ashamed. He looked at me and he said "If you ain't better than a nigger, son, who are you better than?


~ Gene Hackman’s Character Agent Rupert Anderson, in the movie “Mississippi Burning”


This disdain for black folks isn’t new. No matter how hard we try to move past this we just can’t. The Racism is so bad that people can’t contain it anymore. No matter how you feel about President Obama, he is still the President of THE United States. You don’t have to respect the man but you do respect his position. To call the man a liar in a joint session of Congress shows an enormous amount of disrespect.


The people holding up signs with him looking like a monkey or eating watermelon….Disrespect.

The people that say nasty things about his children's hair and appearance…..Disrespect.

The people that talk about his wife's physical attributes as unattractive…..Disrespect.

The people that keep referring to him as an illegal alien……Disrespect.


These are all fronts for something more sinister. No one ever called Laura Bush unattractive or talked about how nappy her children's hair was. Making someone that looks different into a monster is what racists do best. It makes them feel more superior. These individuals dislike black people but are afraid to show their true colors. So they make up all these other side issues to complain about. My Great Granddaddy knew racism, my Granddaddy knew racism, my Daddy knew racism and I know racism. When you have a legitimate beef with someone you can back it up with facts and logic. Not a lot of hocus pocus (i.e. fake birth certificates and death panels.) It is painfully obvious that you can’t negotiate with the Devil. So I’m going to address this post to Republican National Chairman Michael Steele.


I’m addressing this to you because you are the leader of this organization. The people under you should be following your lead. Instead it looks like you are the one being led around like an old donkey. You are the head of a tired party that still specializes in race-baiting. You have lost most of your clout in the Northeast and are pigeonholed in the South and Midwest. You’re National Conventions looks like the auditions for the 1940 Harvard University Glee Club. Your party has used religion to fight progressive Ideas and to divide America. To make matters worse, your party has alienated people from the same race (i.e. Black Folk) that you belong to. So I’m addressing this post to you Chairman Steele. Do you support Rep. Wilson’s disrespect of our President? Do you believe that the President was born in a hut in Africa somewhere? Do you believe that the President wants to turn American into “The New Russia”? Do you believe that the President is trying to give black people reparations through the passing of a health care bill? Chairman Steele, do you believe that the man elected by a landslide actually wants America to fail? If you do, then you are no better than Rep. Wilson and those like him. We can disagree respectfully and work towards solutions that will help us all. Or we can do what we have been doing. So I ask you Chairman Steele, do you cosign on all of this?


We must fight until Hell freezes over and then fight on the Ice.
~ Vertner Woodson Tandy

6 comments:

uglyblackjohn said...

Joe just forgot where he was.
He probably assumed that others in his party would join him as some type of chanting mob as many have seen at the Tea Parties.
When he realized that D.C. isn't exactly S.C. - he appologized.

But yeah... I'd say the Gene Hackman quote pretty much sums it up.

Dylan B. said...

That is something real and true. This does point out Michael Steele. He need to stop letting Rush Limbaugh stick his thumb up his butt.

Citizen Ojo said...

UglyBlackJohn - All those black folks in D.C. and he forgot where he was. He must nevere been to U Street.

The Smoking Ace - Thanks for stopping by. I would hope that he would be his own man but.......

Debo Blue said...

Thank you for posting this. All of this stuff just makes me sadder that the Obamas and their supporters have to endure these blatant displays of racism.

Have you seen the black bloke who was carrying the military weapon at a rally here in Phoenix while the President was here?

Where do people like he and Michael Steele come from? Don't they understand? Can't they feel it themselves? How did they get so lost?

Shaking my head.

Debo Blue said...

PS-I didn't know it was official but now that the news is out: I am your number ONE fan in the Southwest!!

Citizen Ojo said...

Debo Blue - always good to hear from you.

Crazy Racists, we are fighting them on all fronts.

P.S. I probably need to get some t-shirts printed to send to you.