Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I know why White Women are mad but you too Sista?

The other day, my frat brother told me that black women were supporting Senator Hillary Clinton because they have issues with black men. This is from a black man that is married to a black woman so don't start the finger waggin with the "He must be married to a white woman" routine. I was really bothered by what he said. I s this true? Do they want her to win because she is going against a black man? Does anyone know any black female Hillary Clinton supporters? I need to talk to them to get the skinny. Tell them to hit me back ASAP so I can get a handle on this one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried this question long time ago on my blog and with fellow black women, but I couldn't find a Hillary Clinton supporter at ALL among the circle of people I knew, be they old or young.

But, my mother has a cousin who likes Hillary over that of Barack for the reason that she has aught with black men, but she's over 60 and if anyone looked at the amount of dysfunction in her life, one would QUICKLY realize that a) her endorsing Clinton would make sense, but that her endorsement is the least of her problems in the wider scheme of things. I'll definitely be paying attention to this post to see if any black sistahs post back, I'm equally as interested.

JLL

Margaret said...

If you want to read one, see Dr. Renita Weems' blog http://www.somethingwithin.com/. I don't agree with her, but she is very eloquent.

Citizen Ojo said...

Thanks Dr. Margaret,

I disagree with her as well but it was probably one of the most eloquent explanations on why she supports Hillary. I believe much of it has to do with the fact that Hillary is a woman. This race must have been difficult for black woman. If you go with Obama it's because you are black, if you go with Clinton it's because you are a woman. I get that. I would really stress to black women to use character as a guide in your decision making process.

Anonymous said...

I would not want a man and certainly not a woman with no class, no character and having a record (case no 304174 in the county of Los Angeles) as my president. I'm a woman!