Monday, July 07, 2008

The Dust up in Denver


I don't agree with Rene Marie's decision to replace the lyrics of The Star-Spangled Banner with Lift Every Voice and Sing (The Black National Anthem). I believe she should have been upfront with the Mayor if this was something she felt she needed to do. Her explanation of "it was a matter of artistic expression" is as self-serving as anything I have ever heard. However, I don't agree that she deserves to be branded with the term unpatriotic. I like the term misguided -better for her decision in switching the lyrics. I feel bad for the Mayor of Denver but the person that I feel the worst for: Obama. The folks on the RIGHT are going to have a field day with this one!!!!!!!!!!!! This is another Rev Wright type ordeal that will come back to bite him in his behind.

No comments: