Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Et tu, Taco Bell?




Oh Why Lord!!!!!


Last week college students and marijuana smokers all over America heard the worst news ever!!! Alabama-based law firm Beasley Allen filed a lawsuit against Taco Bell. Why? The Firm said that Taco Bell’s meat is actually “
taco meat filling.”

Side Note: Excuse me, I just threw up in my mouth.

“Meat Filling” would be non-meat substances that have small portions of beef and meat seasonings. “Meat Filling” doesn’t qualify for the United States Department of Agriculture definition of beef. U.S.D.A. Beef is without seasoning and has only 30% fat. Of course Taco Bell said the
lawsuit is not true and they are going to fight it. But they still get a *side eye* for putting Silicon Dioxide in their food.

Silicon Dioxide (aka silica) - Forms as sand or quartz crystals and is extremely hard. It is used to make glass, toothpaste, cement, pesticide, and a food additive that helps absorb water. Silicon Dioxide is sorta harmless but it does have some risk to it. It is dangerous if inhaled (in its powdered form) but I doubt we would see it in powder form. Unless we worked somewhere that used the powdered form or created it. **walks away whistling**

Taco Bell probably uses Silicon Dioxide as a food additive to keep all the ingredients together. I say this crossing my fingers thinking about all the Taco Bell I have eaten throughout the years. When I was a young boy McDonalds was my favorite restaurant. Eating there was a rare treat because we didn’t eat out often. When I left home for college, Taco Bell took my attention away from Mickey D’s. “The Bell” was cheap, service was fast and the food was good. Don’t get me wrong because Burger King briefly distracted me. They sold 2 for 2’s i.e. Two Cheeseburgers/Hamburgers and Two Fries. In college, that was like eating steak and potatoes at a fine restaurant. But I couldn’t deny that Mexican Pizza and those darn Soft Tacos. I finally left McDonalds when Taco Bell introduced me to Mountain Dew BAJA BLAST.
It’s the only place where you can get that type of Mountain Dew drink. It’s like selling crack at only one crack house!!! The agony!!!

So what happens now? If this lawsuit turns out to be true, I will not be able to support this establishment anymore. It would be like staying in a relationship that was based on lies. I usually have beef in all of my Taco Bell products. Sometimes I get Steak but even then they always get the order wrong and give me beef. I go to Taco Bell for the “Real Stuff” and not for some kind of pseudo meat filling. Caramel Color and Natural Smoke Flavor have nothing to do with beef!!!

12 comments:

msladyDeborah said...

I find it interesting that there is a generation of Americans who have no true idea what real food tastes like. I have maintained for a long time that too much of our food is not really good for the body.

This is not a problem to moi. I don't do a lot of fast food meals. I worked as a server in a hotel dinning room back in the day and that taught me to be happy that I can cook.

I bet this news won't stop the lines at the windows of TB.

uglyblackjohn said...

Man... Taco Bell sucks anyway - try Del Taco.

Anonymous said...

Hmm I stopped eating at Taco Bell about three years ago.

I witnessed the cashier cleaning and emptying garbage with gloves on, then with the same gloves she went and picked up my tacos and put them in the bag.

I immediately asked for a refund and the manager. The manager was no help. She acted as if I wasn't telling the truth or didn't see when the woman changed her gloves.

So I called the health inspector and he was very good. He went and checked it out and said they were not doing what they were supposed to.

Haven't been back since. Do you have Taco Del Mar?

Citizen Ojo said...

Msladydeborah - But can you make mexican food at home? ha ha ha.

uglyblackjohn - Del Taco? What is that?

nicoledanique - ew..that's nasty. Taco Del Mar? What is that?

ImABlackPoem said...

Hahahaha! You sound so disappointed.

I wish I had some feelings about this. I don't eat at Taco Bell.

It's 2011 - you should be eating at Chipotle anyway! LOL. Besides, we all know Chipotle uses real meat. I've seen them cooking it.

Citizen Ojo said...

ImABlackPoem - There you go!! ha ha. Always glad to hear from you. Chipotle is good - no question about that but they are pricey. Taco Bell you could feed a whole family for 15 bucks. We are in a recession baby girl...

Nik said...

A taco joint, you watch them make your taco and choose your own fillings etc.

Citizen Ojo said...

Nik - oh, we have that here. It's called Chipotle...

Anna Renee said...

Funny post! I think Taco Bell said they only use 12% meat by products, not the 35% or what ever they said.
I used to love the Mexican Pizza too, but had to put them down when they stopped using green onions on top of them. (There was a scare concerning botulism or something) I guess those onions made the flavor. Without them they don't taste the same.

Now I just go to the Mexican food trucks that park along our major blvds in Oakland CA, and get tacos for $1.25 with radishes and lime and cilantro on the side!! All real beef, and fresh ingredients, plus I'm supporting the small entrepreneur! Plus a variety of fillings for the burritos, like cabeza and tripe! Ha Ha! It's all good!

Citizen Ojo said...

Anna Renee - Hey! Thanks for stopping by! I remember they did put all those things on the pizza. I just thought they were being cheap and stopped. We have Mexican Food Trucks but this is not a food truck friendly city. Whatever you are eating now sounds really good.

Reggie said...

More like Taco Hell!!!

Citizen Ojo said...

Reggie - don't mix the Devil up in this mess..ha ha ha